There's a new journal by Informa Press called "Mitochondrial DNA". From the announcement by the editor-in-chief, Rob Desalle, the list of topics that this journal hopes to cover is as follows:
* mapping, sequencing, and analysis of mitochondrial DNA and RNA
* descriptive studies of DNA sequences from whole mitochondrial genomes
* population genetics, medical genetics, phylogenetics and human evolution that use mitochondrial DNA as a source of evidence for studies
* population genetics and systematics theory that specifically address the use of mitochondrial DNA sequences
* utility of mitochondrial DNA information in medical studies and in human evolutionary biology
* DNA barcoding studies using both empirical approaches and theory-based critiques
Plus, timely reviews on subjects relevant to mitochondrial genomics, genetics and medicine and a regular feature each issue called “mito-communications” that highlight and summarize published research or conference summaries that are relevant to the subject of mitochondrial genomics and genetics.
To access journal information and to submit a manuscript please go to the following URLs.
Anolologists March for Reptile Science
1 day ago