Friday, June 25, 2010

Blogging Evolution 2010 in Portland Oregon

It's that time again - the annual joint meeting of the Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE), the American Society of Naturalists (ASN), and the Society of Systematic Biologists (SSB), commonly referred to as the "Evolution meeting" will be held from today through June 29th in Portland, OR. Dechronization bloggers Glor, Igic, Harmon, and myself are all attending, so we should be able to put up a few posts during the conference. Not to miss tomorrow: Joe Felsenstein's 9am talk on "A comparative method for discrete and continuous characters using the threshold model and MCMC." I look forward to witnessing the famous "Felsenstein effect" described by Rich at Moscow's meeting last year. Please post other must-see talks in the comments.

1 comment:

Dan Warren said...

My talk is definitely a "must see" talk, in that I must see if I can actually put a talk together in time.