Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Lab Milestone

I'm sending out congratulations to my firsts PhD student - Julienne Ng - on successfully passing her quals! I felt I needed to do something momentous for the occasion, so I baked my first cake (with supervision from my lovely baking coach). So that others would remember it for something other than its poor taste, I crafted it into the shape of an Anolis distichus head (one of the species Julienne is studying for her thesis). I realize it looks more like a green komodo dragon with an infected tracheotomy, but you need to walk before you can run. Julienne, I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I'm already planning a three-dimensional cake-based sculpture of two fighting anoles for your defense.

1 comment:

Dan Warren said...

I thought it was the sunrise over a golf course, but she was holding it upside down.